29 Jul 2013

☆WIG☆ Ciel Phantomhive - Kuroshitsuji

I've been thinking about buying a new Ciel wig since a few months ago. I've bought my first wig of him in the summer of the year... 2011? I think, more or less. Two years isn't really that much of a life span for a wig, but I've been using it a lot, and I mean it a lot, and after the Barcelona's con in the end of 2012 I knew I couldn't delay it any longer and I decided to buy a wig as soon as I managed to save a little of money.
I've finally bough one at the end of... May? June? I can't remember. Some procrastinating and real-life problems kept me away from having some quality time and being able to sit down and style the wig and take proper make-up test pictures...
But well, here I am. Better late than ever, right! ( ´ ▽ ` )ノ 
( i feel like that should be my blog's tagline though... )

I've bought the wig at Ebay. There are some issues with international posting and I've been trying not to buy biggest amounts of things from Taobao because I'm avoiding customs at any costs, that's why I mostly order my wigs one by one at ebay more than doing massive orders through Taobao.

I've bought the wig from this seller, and it cost me 18$ (roughly 14€) with shipping costs free, so overall, it was a very sweet deal.
The packaging was good and for such a price I can say that the quality it's kind of amazing.

But... I think the problem with Ciel's wigs are the ambiguity of his hair colour. 

I've seen several cosplayers with a huge range of different hair colours all cosplaying Ciel. Going from almost black hair, to a really dark grey, to light one. And even some that looked greenish or blueish. 
But.... I was so in love with the colour of my first Ciel's wig!! ( ̄へ ̄)

So when I got this wig and I compared it with my old one... I was really shocked because it looks really lighter compared to it, so now I have mixed feelings and I don't know if I should keep it or buy another one in a darker colour.

What do you think of it, though?


 This is how the wig looked like after taking it off the package!


 Left one is my old wig, and right one is the new one.
Besides the fact it looks really damaged, you can see the huge colour difference!!
waaaヽ(´□`。)ノ・゚



The front and the back of the wig before i styled it, it was really really soft and the bangs were really really long. lmfao. it was almost a pity trimming down all that amount of hair.



And finally some make-up/wig test shots!! I really missed cosplaying Ciel somehow... I got so accustomed to wearing his cosplays that I feel really comfortable just wearing his wig and his make-up

I forgot to remove my piercings! (_ _;)/

The exposed secret of all ciel's cosplayers? lmfao. I never ever apply make up in my other eye!
plus a shot of me being absurd~

Overall, it's a really good wig. I like the texture and it was easy to comb, straight, style and eerything else.
The thing that makes me dislike the wig a little it's the colour... Maybe I just need to get used to it, but I'm really thinking about trying to buy another one that might look closer to what my first wig looked like...
I grow really accustomed to the tone of my first wig, and it's really hard for me to get used to myself cosplaying Ciel wearing such a light haired wig.

One a positive note, the wig quality is amazing and it wasn't really that expensive, so I don't regret buying it! I will keep it in case I don't find a better one or it fits another cosplay I want to do.

Thanks for reading me~~
\( ̄▽ ̄;)/